Counter

September 21, 2005

Voluntary worker

My wife joined in the first parents' day at our son's school this weekend. I was unable to take part in that event because of my weekend job. When I went home, she told me that we must afford sometime in the morning to act as a voluntary worker for helping the schools kids safely cross the road on their way to school. I think this is a fine idea for parents who can do something about giving the school a hand.

Moreover, I was given another duty which is to teach English in my son's class. Starting this week, I have to do this non-paid job on every Wednesday, 8 through 8:30 in the morning, because the teacher has to go to the meeting on a weekly basis during then. Taking this job seems no challenge to me at all since I used to teach kids English at some after-school centers. I sure have the confidence completing the task well, but there is only one thing that makes me concern about--what will my son think about it? Will he feel bashful? We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete