Counter

December 14, 2005

MIT or foreign-made?

The year-end shopping season has been on for weeks. This time I decide to pick up a digital camera for the family. What? Isn't that right? Haven't I got a digital one yet? No, and that is for sure. Now I am about to choose one that is within my budget limit. I maintain the thought that it can't be neither expensive nor inexpensive. The truth is, I don't wish to afford one that will badly hit my pocket, or the one that has insufficient performance in operation due to its low price.

Anyhow, I am trying to be in the market of the one with the max photo quality at about 5 or 6 Megs, whose price ranges from 5000 NT to 8000 NT. There're indeed some models that meet my demand, but here comes the other question -- should I get a MIT, a.k.a. made in Taiwan, or a Japanese fancy stuff? Comparing with the differences of the two products, I found that they can't compare. Most of the Japanese stuff are oriented around the so-called high-end products such as SONY, Panasonic, Nikon, Canon, etc. While the cameras made by the local manufactures are reckoned to be at the low-end level.

Since Taiwan has been doing as a OEM for other name-brand manufacturers in the world for decades, I tend to give them some credits now. One of my students told me that he just got a BanQ camera for 5000 NT from the computer show last week. He said he felt ok while using the camera and surprised by the stability of it. So, it isn't a bad idea to be a patriot now. Here we go! Acer, Premier and BenQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment