Counter

November 28, 2005

The Amish

I recently read an article about the Amish people. They live mostly in the state of Pennsylvania of America. They choose to live such a secluded existence for a fear of being corrupted by the outside world. Their lifestyle can't be simple enough because they don't need any cars, jewelry or fancy clothing, let alone be the fashion victims. They don't want to be tempted by them in any case.

Every now and then, I feel like falling off the earth just like an Amish. I wish to hide out myself from the real world. This is only a sort of dream to me, but I know too well that it's impossible for me to be opposed to any technology that brings me convenience to my daily life. Or, you won't be reading this article now. So, I think I could only get around on horse-drawn carriages in my dream.

1 comment:

  1. And when the Amish create a quilt they ALWAYS make a mistake, on purpose, because only God is perfect.

    ReplyDelete