Counter

June 10, 2005

Contract renewal

I called my landlord yesterday morning because it is high time to deal with him now about renewing the apartment contract. Last year the landlady, who is his wife, ever mentioned to me that they might sell this place this year because they needed some cash to help their daughter run her own cafe.

Given that they may be keen on taking back the apartment, I decided to give them a call to find out what they really wanted to do with it. If they did want to take it back, I would have to move out and find a new place to live. It's a good idea to clear things up beforehand or before it's too late.

The good news is, he allowed me to stay for another year, which is indeed a relief to me, or I have to block out some time to look for another place. If moving to a new place, I may have to fork over more dough in rent. On the other side, I don't have all the time in the world to handle all the enough trouble about relocation. Thank God, and I'd also like to appreciate Rebecca who said a prayer to God for me.

it is high time to 該是...的時候
renew 更新

Given that 因為
clear things up 把事情搞清楚

relief 解脫
to block out some time 空出時間
fork over some dough 付一些錢
have all the time in the world 有很多時間
enough trouble 麻煩的事
relocation 搬家
say a prayer 禱告

1 comment:

  1. I may not buy any places here in Xizhi. I am looking at some other area, however.

    ReplyDelete