Counter

April 14, 2008

I finally found a new home.

I am excited now about buying a new home after having rented apartments for many years.

excited 感到興奮的
rent 租
apartment 公寓

The whole process of buying it is not completely settled yet because I am still negotiating the price with the dealer with the construction firm. This guy told me since the price he offered to me couldn't be accepted by both of us, he needed to ask his manager to get it lowered a bit more so their bottom line and mine can meet eventually.

whole process 整個程序
completely settled 完全地搞定
negotiate 協商
dealer 仲介
construction firm 建築公司
offer 提供
accept 接受
lower 降低
bottom line 底線
meet 符合
eventually 最後地

Actually I can tell you now that our agreement to the final price is only fifty thousand NT/ 1700 US dollars apart, which means just a jump from the touch down. I think even if they insist on their price, I still will pay for that higher amount because I really love that place. I have already paid ten thousand NT dollars so far as a deposit for price negotiation fee to make sure no one would be able to bid for that place before I give up.

actually 實際上
agreement 同意
apart 相隔
a jump from... 離...咫尺之遙
touch down 達陣
insist on 堅持
deposit 訂金
fee 雜費
bid 出價
give up 放棄

Hopefully by next Monday the deal will have been done, and what I have to do afterwords will be such things as checking the place wall to wall to make sure its condition is totally sound. And next if everything on the checklist is all right, I will have to start giving the down payment. Some association fees may also be charged to me by the way. And applying for home loan from the bank is a must-do as well, or I will not have enough money to buy it.

hopefully 順利地話
deal 交易
afterwords 之後
wall to wall 從這頭到那頭
condition 狀況
totally sound 全部穩當地
checklist 核對用的清單
down payment 頭期款
association fees 手續費
charge 索費
apply for 申請
home loan 房屋貸款
must-do 必做之事
as well 也

In any case, it will take a long time to get everything done, including buying new furniture, room decorations, moving, and much much more. I assume the end of May or early June is a probable moment for a wrap up.

in any case 無論如何
furniture 家具
decoration 裝潢
assume 認為
probable 大概的
wrap up 結尾

1 comment: