Counter

August 03, 2012

Walking on a flooded street.

My apartment is in the low-lying area at the seaside of Hsinchu. When a typhoon or torrential rain struck the city, I was always concerned that my car parked in the second basement might get flooded. 

In order not to be worried anymore this time, I decided to drive my car out of the apartment garage and park it outside the building. However, as the winds and the rain kept picking up, I found the street where I parked my car began to flood. Then I rushed to my car and move it to another higher place that was about half a mile from my apartment. I was really in luck this time because it was just a few inches away before water got into my car by the time I opened the car door. 

On my way back home, I waded in the water which was about as high as my knee. Frankly speaking, I had lived in lots of different places in my life before I moved to Hsinchu, this is my first time walking along flooded streets, and I also had to do it in a very careful manner to watch out if there was a big hole or something in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment