Counter

March 05, 2012

An online fraud occurred to me.

Just got a phone call from a woman speaking with a strong Mainland accent in Mandarin. She claimed that she was one of the customer service representatives calling from Kingstone Bookstore. Then she asked me to confirm some information with me on the purchase I made weeks ago on their online bookstore. I soon realized this had to be some kind of Internet fraud. Next she asked me if I had ever ordered a book on their site and picked it up at Family Mart on a certain day. I didn't say yes but instead I just hung up on her because I didn't see the point of keeping the conversation going. However, I just wonder how and where she got my purchasing info. Was that the computer system at Kingstone's that got hacked or just the Family Mart? Hmm... that was weird ....

No comments:

Post a Comment