Counter

November 10, 2011

Coincidence of numbers

It's commonplace to see school students in Taiwan wear uniforms. Besides, they are required to have their schools' names and ID numbers embroidered on their jackets so that those who take care of the students' behavior, both on and off campus, can easily have the students in check. To certain degree, this may be able to stop some youth crime. Some people may not like it, but I think it's not a bad idea however.

I am not here to make any comments on its good or bad. I just want to tell you a coincidence that I found. My son's ID number shown on his Uniform is 100337. The first three letters "100" represents the ROC year, and the rest meaning that he is the 337th students registered at his school. Interestingly, my ID number back in elementary school is 3337. The first number "3" is short for the 63rd ROC year, equivalent to the year 1974. So... it's time for you to pick a lottery ticket now? 337 sounds good, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment